Ultra-Sidewinder Cable Cable Protection System
- Ensure floor is level and without safety hazards
- Plan the distance needed and ensure that the proper number of parts is available (8 segments = 1 linear foot)
- Assemble main body segments by sliding the male end into the female end until parts snap together as shown in Figure 1
- Place end caps onto both ends in same fashion as the body segments to complete the system
- Press wires through the rubber tabs on the bottom such that they fit loosely in the cable channel as shown in Figure 2
- Lay the Ultra-Sidewinder® on the floor and check to ensure the system lays flat on the ground with wires properly contained as shown in Figure 3
Slide parts together until they snap in place. Pull to ensure they are locked properly.
Push wires through rubber tabs into the cable channel. Ensure wires have room to move freely.
Final assembled system should lay on the floor flat with caps on each side.
- Remove all cables from the Ultra-Sidewinder® Cable Protection System
- Push top tab in with screwdriver, or other blunt object, and slide segments apart as shown in Figure 4
- Store parts out of sunlight in clean, dry area
Inspect the Ultra-Sidewinder® Cable Protection System frequently for damage. Remove any damaged part from operation and replace with new segment(s). Store in a clean, dry area away from exposure to sunlight or temperature extremes.
Warranty and Liability
LIMITED WARRANTY: UltraTech International, Inc. guarantees the Ultra-Sidewinder® Cable Protection System against defects in workmanship or materials for a period of six (6) months from the date of shipment or date of invoice, whichever is sooner. The product’s use, installation and maintenance must be according to the instructions provided, or this warranty is void. Any alterations or modifications of the product will void this warranty. This warranty is restricted to the repair or replacement of the defective product, and no other warranty or remedy shall be provided. Specifically, this warranty does not cover reimbursement or payment for any damages beyond those listed above.
Any claim must be made in writing within six (6) months from the date of shipment or date of invoice, whichever is sooner. All prod- ucts returned to UltraTech must be prepaid. If it is determined that the product is defective in material or workmanship, the repair or replacement plus freight will occur, at UltraTech’s option, at no charge to the owner. All other return of product to the owner shall be at owner’s expense.
UltraTech and its authorizing agents, employees and representatives expressly disclaim any and all other warranties, including the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or use, and/or merchantability which might otherwise be applicable under any state or federal law.
LIMITED LIABILITY: UltraTech International, Inc. and its authorized agents, distributors and representatives do not guarantee the performance of the Ultra-Sidewinder® Cable Protection System as the manufacturer is unable to assure proper use by the customer. Proper use and environmental conditions are essential to the effectiveness of the product, as well as the safety of those using the same. The user is solely responsible for determining the suitability of the product for its intended use. The user assumes all risk and liability for the use of this product.
User specifically acknowledges receipt of proper instructions regarding the use of the product in the original packaging and disclaims any consequential damages to person or property, damages for loss of use, lost time, loss of profit, lost income, loss of the UltraTech product itself and/or other incidental or consequential damages other than as warranted by UltraTech’s limited warranty. User ac- cepts the responsibility of removing from service any product that becomes worn out, unstable, unfit for intended use or defective in any way such as to make the product a potential safety hazard. UltraTech is unable to undertake such obligations or responsibilities on behalf of the user as the user is in sole possession and control of the product.