Insultherm® Fiberglass Sleeving
Resin Coated Fiberglass Protects To 1,200°F
Insultherm® is an extremely high temperature resistant sleeve commonly used as thermal protection for wires, cables and hoses that are subjected to continuous and extreme high temperature environments, such as engine manifolds and exhaust systems.
FG is braided from fiberglass yarns and coated with high temperature resins. FG is tough and durable, maintaining its tight structure under extreme vibration, abrasion, mechanical stress and temperature variations. The high temperature resin coating stabilizes the fiberglass to prevent dusting during installation and to minimize irritation and inhalation of particles.
FG is available in a wide range of diameters. It installs easily over a variety of applications to either deflect or retain heat in environments up to 1,200°F.
FG contains no asbestos and is RoHS compliant.
Besides uses as a thermal protection solution in automotive, aircraft and marine engine applications, FG is used in high temperature, low voltage (up to 300V) applications such as toasters, coffee makers, and other small heating appliances. Its flexibility and expandability allows for use over irregular shapes. It is also used for thermal and cut-through protection in automotive wire harness assemblies as well as track, stage and other types of lighting devices.
- Cuts Easily With Scissors
- Will Not Burn or Support Combustion
- Expands Slightly For Easy Installation
- Extremely Abrasion and Cut Resistant
- Operating Temps: -94°F to 1,202°F (-70°C to 650°C)
- Resists Common Chemicals & Solvents
- Asbestos Free - RoHS Compliant
- Tight Braid For Full Coverage and Protection
- Average 0.050" Wall Thickness
- Melt Temp: 2,048°F/1,120°C