FireFlex® Aero Silicone Coated Fiberglass Sleeving
Silicone Jacketed Fiberglass Resists Heat, Abrasion & Moisture
FireFlex Aero is engineered from a dense braided fiberglass sleeve and a thick coating of self-extinguishing high temperature silicone rubber that withstands 500°F continuous exposure, and molten splash up to 2,000°F.
Almost every aviation engine - turbine, turboprop or piston; civilian and military - uses FireFlex Aero to protect critical hoses and wiring in the event of an engine compartment fire. FireFlex Aero meets the specification of AS1072, allowing qualified hose assemblies to pass the fire resistance testing specification of AS1055D.
FireFlex Aero will prevent your hot applications from causing damage to equipment and protect wires, cables and hoses from damage due to extreme temperatures. Resistant to hydraulic fluids, lubricating oils and fuels, it insulates against energy loss in piping and hosing and protects employees from burns.
- Cuts Easily With Scissors
- Will Not Burn or Support Combustion
- Extremely Abrasion and Cut Resistant
- Operating Temps: -65°F to 500°F (-54°C to 260°C)
- Asbestos Free - RoHS Compliant
- Resists Common Chemicals & Solvents
- Average 0.115" Wall Thickness
- Melt Temp: 2,048°F/1,120°C