Flexo® Tight Weave Flame Retardant
Flame Retardant Tight Braid For Fuller Coverage
Tight Weave FR sleeving was developed by and for aircraft manufacturers as a replacement for the Standard Grade FR. This sleeving material is constructed from tightly braided 9 mil flame retardant monofilament. The result is fuller coverage over wire harnesses. This allows for increased abrasion protection, which is a critical issue in the aviation industry. The 9 mil monofilament is used instead of 10 mil in order to lessen the additional weight that results when the monofilament is tightly braided into sleeving material. We manufacture sizes to accommodate various wire harnesses up to 3" in diameter.
What it comes down to is really simple. Flame protection you've come to expect, at a higher coverage across your wires, adding more protection and abrasion resistance. This is what aircraft manufacturers have turned to, and what you can continue to depend on to protect your harnesses.
- Cuts Easily with a Hot Knife
- Cut and Abrasion Resistant
- Resists Gasoline And Engine Chemicals
- Meets Material Specs For Major Airlines
- Operating Temps: -94°F to 257°F (-70°C to 125°C)
- Halogen Free - RoHS Compliant
- VW-1, Mil-202, FAR-25 Approved
- Resists Common Chemicals & Solvents
- Lighter Weight Than Standard Tight Weaves
- Melt Temp: 482°F/250°C